Power
I tremble with the core of the earth
As manna falls from the sky.
I moan as the tectonic plates
Shift within my body.
As the river flows
I do not feel ashamed,
I feel empowered.
This is my body.
It was created by Mother Nature herself,
And I'll be damned
If I don't appreciate a creation
Like my own.
I stand tall with the heavens.
My curves and edges
Similar to the canyons and mountains
Etched into a timeless landscape.
My skin the color of a baby tree branch:
Olive green.
My hands made for tough, yet intricate work
With strong skinny fingers.
My legs curved with muscles
Meant to run over plains of open land.
When pain reaches my abdomen
And a grotesque river of blood courses
Through my body,
I overcome the pain, tears, and annoyance
With pride.
For I am a woman.
Mother Nature crafted me.
Earth is a part of me and I a part of it.
Every living thing my cousin.
No one can stop me,
For I am unearthed,
I am powerful.
As manna falls from the sky.
I moan as the tectonic plates
Shift within my body.
As the river flows
I do not feel ashamed,
I feel empowered.
This is my body.
It was created by Mother Nature herself,
And I'll be damned
If I don't appreciate a creation
Like my own.
I stand tall with the heavens.
My curves and edges
Similar to the canyons and mountains
Etched into a timeless landscape.
My skin the color of a baby tree branch:
Olive green.
My hands made for tough, yet intricate work
With strong skinny fingers.
My legs curved with muscles
Meant to run over plains of open land.
When pain reaches my abdomen
And a grotesque river of blood courses
Through my body,
I overcome the pain, tears, and annoyance
With pride.
For I am a woman.
Mother Nature crafted me.
Earth is a part of me and I a part of it.
Every living thing my cousin.
No one can stop me,
For I am unearthed,
I am powerful.
Hell yeah
ReplyDeleteThanks! Always need to remember #womanpower
Delete