Background Images


I ran, not because something was chasing me, but simply because I was terrified. Everything was dark, and my eyes felt heavy, but soon enough I began to climb the side of the sky scraper. It was extremely difficult at first, as if every time I reached up, my arms were lifting one hundred pound weights.

            Unfortunately, I wasn’t fast enough. The giant spider began his destruction on the opposite side of town, but I knew it wouldn’t be long before he’d reach me. I tried to have some hope. I continued to climb until it became extremely easy and I leaped up the side of the building, (during this I almost hit the monkeys, but thankfully I was safe because I was still unsure of what side the monkeys were on). Once I reached the top, a group of scientists were discussing something. One turned to look at me.

            “WHAT?” I shouted in an attempt to know what they were talking about, but that damn helicopter was so loud.

            They were yelling something back at me, but I couldn’t hear them. I almost did. Well, sort of. I heard mumbling, but it was in Japanese. Had it been louder perhaps I would have had a chance to decipher their words. I turned around and suddenly I was surrounded by tanks full of different experiments and a strange goo.

            I’m sure I had something in my training that’d be able to help me out with this, but I could not, for the life of me, remember anything. Everything was foggy. Suddenly I heard someone laughing. It was my sister.

            “You’re dumb,” she laughed, “you seriously don’t remember? It has to do with the yard sale…Remember?” After seeing the look of confusion on my face, she continued to laugh, which made me only more frustrated.

            I punched the glass in front of me, and suddenly there was a flood. Eventually I got to the end and hit a door. I felt extremely sad because I knew that doorknob had feelings, but I had just knocked up against it anyway. Probably almost broke it.

            But then the doorknob changed to a diamond ring and I knew everything was alright. Unfortunately then the white rabbit came along and started leaving water bottles everywhere.

            “Seriously?!” I screamed at him.

            He never listens to me!!

            I began to cry, but then a water bottle hit me on the head and my ring fell out.

            The ring turned into a dress, but then Lyssa came by.

            “Ugh,” she scoffed, “You’re being a spoiled little brat.”

            I could not believe her!

            “That’s why nobody likes you,” I retorted.

            “Yeah okay,” she scoffed again. “But at least I can do this,” she taunted me as she flew away.

            Suddenly the door opened and I had a revelation.

            Ohhh, she’s flying away cuz she has no feelings.

I realized the doorknob had been staring at me the whole time.

            “I guess I’ll be a better person,” I resigned. I couldn’t take him staring at me much longer.

            My horse ran by. I ran after it. It ran into the woods where it became very dark, but I felt extremely tired. Then everything was okay. I saw a glint of light.

            The gong!

            I ran up to it, but then all I could see was that damn doorknob, staring at me.

Comments

Popular Posts